UPDATE: Thursday April 8, 2021
The Ontario government announced that it is imposing a province-wide Stay-at-Home order and a third state of emergency, effective Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. The government intends to keep the state of emergency in place for at least the next four weeks across the province.
What does this mean for dealers?
Car dealerships are still considered essential. Motor vehicle dealers across Ontario must operate their showrooms by appointment only between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Delivery to patrons is permitted between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.
With the state of emergency and stay-at-home order in place, dealers may remain open under the following restrictions:
- Operate by appointment only at 25 per cent capacity
- A safety plan must be prepared and made available upon request
- Dealers must post capacity limits publicly
- Dealers must have passive screening for patrons and actively screen employees
- Dealers must post signs publicly informing individuals on how to screen themselves for COVID-19 before entering the premises
- Individuals must physically distance and wear a mask or face covering inside the premises
- Line-ups and patrons congregating outside must be managed by the venue, standing two metres distance inside and outside. Face coverings are required in line-ups
- Members of the public must not be permitted in areas where the products are neither sold nor displayed for sale
- Service centres attached to dealerships may remain open, so long as they adhere to social distancing, disinfecting and capacity requirements.
Test drive restrictions
The Province will continue allowing test drives under these restrictions:
- Test drives must be limited to a maximum of 10 minutes
- A maximum of two people, including up to one sales representative, may be present in the vehicle during the test drive
- If two people who are not members of the same household are present in the vehicle during the test drive, any windows in the vehicle must be opened at all times
- Masks or face coverings must be worn by everyone participating in a test drive
- Vehicles must be properly disinfected before and after each test drive.
CUSTOMER SAFETY INFORMATION
Your Safety and Health is the utmost importance to us. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have taken several steps and are asking our customers to practice social distancing when attending the dealership for their appointment.
The number of customers inside our facility at any time will be limited.
Disinfection of all frequently used areas are cleaned and disinfected as frequently as is necessary to maintain a sanitary condition.
All vehicles being dropped off for service will be disinfected on the driver touchpoints at the time of drop off and again before pick-up, including keys.
We will only allow one customer per shuttle vehicle. The vehicle will be disinfected after each trip. We apologize if this slows down the shuttle service during this time.
Greetings that involve touching, such as handshakes, will not be permitted.
Clean handwashing facilities and alcohol-based hand cleansers are provided in multiple locations throughout the building (e.g., entrances, boardrooms and break rooms)
It is critical that, if you have one symptom of COVID-19 (fever, cough or difficulty breathing), or even mild symptoms, you should stay home to avoid spreading illness to others.
- Additionally, if you can answer “yes” to any of the following please follow the government guidelines and self-quarantine.
- Traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or had contact with someone who has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
- Experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, been exposed to someone with the COVID -19 virus within the last 14 days.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies, so we can continue to support our customers and communities as needed.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 705-419-2304.
Thank you for your cooperation at this time. It is greatly appreciated.